Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Confirmed: Bert is the New Wizard

Bert Newton has been confirmed to take over Rob Guest's role as the Wizard and is known as 'the theatre industry's worst kept secret' Below is an excerpt and I have uploaded one promo from it. I have also uploaded the souvenir program scans here. If you use these scans please credit Wicked Australia Fans as they are exclusive, I bought the program when i saw the show and scanned them in myself. As Bert is now the New Wizard I have added a bio page for him. I have still kept Rob's though as he was in the Original Melbourne Cast.
"Wicked producers have finally confirmed the theatre industry's worst kept secret: Bert Newton is to take over the role of the Wizard in the smash hit musical at Melbourne's Regent Theatre.
"I am overjoyed to be working with Bert again," Producer John Frost said.

"This will be the fourth musical we have done together. Bert has tremendous st
ar quality of course, but he also brings so much happiness - on both sides of the footlights - to any show he appears in."

Newton's appointment is tinged with sadness. He replaces Rob Guest, who died last month after suffering a massive stroke at his Melbourne home.
Continue reading.."


No comments: